Particularly with more than 100 free places to learn online.
He gets referenced by so many other bloggers that I tend not to point to Seth Godin all that much on Mission to Learn. Today, however, Seth has tossed a soft pitch that I have to hit. Here’s what Seth says on a post titled Things you don’t understand:
Has there ever been a better time to learn what you don’t know? It’s faster, easier and cheaper now than ever before (and, of course, there’s way more stuff now that we don’t understand). If I don’t learn it now, when will I?
Amen and Hallelujah! Somebody start up the choir.
Seth provides a short list of things you may not understand but could probably learn about. Hmm…where to go find the learning. Might I recommend More Than 100 Free Places to Learn Online – and Counting? Here are a few additions to Seth’s list that represent things you could learn through the sources in that posting:
- How to say hello, goodbye, and thank you in multiple languages
- How to do the waltz and the meringue
- How to knit a sweater
- What’s so difficult about time travel?
- How does the human mind work?
- What is this social networking thing?
- What are the basics of probability theory?
- How can I get a Web start-up going quickly?
The list goes on and on. And if you like this, you will no doubt also like More Than 50 Web Widgets for Your Learning Mix.
So, jump in and start learning about the things you would like to know more about. As Seth says, if you don’t learn it now, when will you?