That’s how I would like to live life, and I’m on a mission to learn how to do it – and to help others learn. I hope you will join me. Week in and week out I explore questions like:
- How can I develop habits that make me a successful lifelong learner?
- What does the latest science tell us about how we learn?
- How can I boost my performance in the areas of personal life and work that I care about the most?
- How can we consistently apply what we learn to live healthier, happier, more fulfilling lives?
- How can I help others learn and contribute to making the world a better place?
- What does it mean to be “wise” – and how can we advance toward wisdom?
If you find yourself often asking similar questions, then this is definitely the place for you. Use the form below to get my free eBook and then receive regular updates and other content to help you with your own learning.
I welcome you as a companion on our shared mission to learn!
So who’s behind this site?
The guy over to the right there is me, Jeff Cobb, your host here on Mission to Learn. I’m a dedicated lifelong learner, an author, and a speaker. Through my current firm, Tagoras, as well as others, I have also been an entrepreneur and consultant in the field of lifelong learning, continuing education, and professional development for more than two decades.
My view is that we live in an incredible time for lifelong learning – technology has provides us with myriad resources and ways for us to connect and collaborate with others. But all these opportunities come with challenges. It pays to have a strong understanding of how we learn and how we can leverage learning to live our lives in an intelligent, informed, and fulfilling way. My mission here is to find the answers to those questions, and with any luck, to help others along the way.
I sincerely hope you will join me on the mission to learn!
Founder Mission to Learn
P.S. – Other quick facts about me, if you really happen to be interested:
- I live in Carrboro, NC – affectionately known to residents as “The Paris of the Piedmont – with my wife and two kids
- I have a consulting company called Tagoras through which I consult with trade and professional associations, academic continuing education units, training firms, and other market facing education providers on their education businesses. (This site is an initiative of Tagoras.)
- I am co-author of Shift Ed: A Call to Action for Transforming K-12 Education (Corwin, 2012) and author of Leading the Learning Revolution: The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Exploding Market for Lifelong Education (Amacom, 2013)
- I’m a songwriter. As part of doing that, I play the guitar reasonably well – and hope to play better over time – and I am learning to play the piano
- Once upon a time I spoke Russian quite well. Now I do it quite poorly and am focused more on learning Spanish
- As you may have already gathered, “how we learn” is one of my favorite topics of conversation!
You can also find out more about me on my personal site.