How We Learn …
… and how to use that knowledge to live better lives. That’s what Mission to Learn is about. If you are wondering about things like:
- What does the latest science tell us about how we learn?
- How can I develop habits that make me a successful lifelong learner?
- Are there ways to learn faster and better?
- How does the human mind work?
- How can technology help (or hurt) my efforts to learn?
- How can I help others learn?
- What does it mean to be “wise?”
…then this is definitely the blog for you. Use the simple sign-up form below to receive regular updates (you can easily unsubscribe at any time), or just poke around on the site at your leisure. Either way, I welcome you as a companion on our shared mission to learn!
So who’s behind this blog?
The guy over to the left there is me, Jeff Cobb, your host here on Mission to Learn. I’m a dedicated lifelong learner, an author, and an entrepreneur in the field of continuing education and professional development.
My view is that we live in an incredible time for lifelong learning – the Web is packed with resources and ways for us to connect and collaborate with others. But all these opportunities come with challenges. It pays to have a strong understanding of how we learn and how we can leverage learning to live our lives in an intelligent, informed, and fulfilling way. My mission here is to find the answers to those questions, and with any luck, to help others along the way.
Be sure to check out the Lifelong Learning Guide Post to give you an idea of the types of articles you will find here. You may also find it helpful to check out the Index page for the site as well as the list of Most Popular Posts. I sincerely hope you will join me on the mission to learn!
Founder Mission to Learn
P.S. – Other quick facts about me, if you really happen to be interested:
- I live in Carrboro, NC – affectionately known to residents as “The Paris of the Piedmont – with my wife and two young children
- I have a consulting company called Tagoras through which I consult with trade and professional associations, training firms, and other market facing education providers on their education businesses
- I am co-author of Shift Ed: A Call to Action for Transforming K-12 Education (Corwin, 20122) and author of Leading the Learning Revolution: The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Exploding Market for Lifelong Education (Amacom, 2013)
- I serve on the board of the wonderful Mi Escuelita Spanish Immersion Pre-School in Chapel Hill, NC
- I play the guitar reasonably well – and hope to play better over time – and I am learning to play the piano
- Once upon a time I spoke Russian quite well. Now I do it quite poorly and am focused on learning Spanish
- As this blog suggests, “how we learn” is one of my favorite topics of conversation!