Five ways of not knowing
- Innocently not knowing. Simply being unaware of the existence of or need for particular knowledge.
- Receptively not knowing. Open to learning what you know you don’t know.
- Willfully not knowing. Ignoring, repressing, or generally refusing to acknowledge.
- Mistakenly not knowing. Thinking you know when you don’t.
- Hubristically not knowing. Thinking something is knowable in a final sense when it isn’t.
[tweetmeme] The first two are relatively easy to address. The last three are often beyond repair. What are some others?