That’s just one of the perspectives that emerges in a recent interview I did with futurist David Houle on the Learning Revolution podcast. David is the author Entering the Shift Age, a new book that discusses the major trends that are pushing humanity into a whole new era and provides a detailed vision of the future. He also happens to be the son of Cy Houle, one of the pioneering figures in adult lifelong learning, and he shares his father’s conviction that lifelong learning will be the central concept of education going forward.
You can listen to the interview here or subscribe on Tunes , but I also encourage you to check out the show notes and links on the Learning Revolution site.
Listen to the Podcast[audio:https://media.blubrry.com/learningrevolution/content.blubrry.com/learningrevolution/david-houle-shift-age.mp3]
Other Great Interviews and Tools
If you are interested in creating podcasts and other Web-based learning experiences, be sure to check out the Learning Revolutionary’s Toolbox section on the Learning Revolution site. Also, here are some other podcast interviews that may be of interest:
- Easily Publish and Sell Online Courses – An Interview with Pathwright’s Paul Johnson
- How to Build a Passionate Community of Learners – A Conversation with Leo Babauta (Zen Habits)
- Are you ready to MOOC? A conversation with George Siemens
- Exploring How We Learn with Monisha Pasupathi (Teaching Company)
- Telling Ain’t Training with Harold Stolovitch