Learn Better with 10 Ways to Be a Better Learner
Learn better: that single phrase sums up exactly what it takes to thrive in our hyper-connected, information-overloaded world.
Are you ready to take charge of your learning and turn the challenges of our into opportunities for personal and professional growth?
Whether you are trying to advance in your career, succeed in school, or simply want to build new knowledge and skills to enrich your life, it is up to you to take charge of your learning. This little book shows how. Grounded in research, but practical in its application, 10 Ways to Be a Better Learner is a quick read that delivers high impact.
- Purchase 10 Ways to Be a Better Learner (print or eBook)
- Contact me about bulk discounts (for meetings, etc.)
- What readers are saying
Below are links to resources referenced in 10 Ways to Be a Better Learner as well as to any updates related to the book.
Chapter 1: Adopt the Right Mind Set
- An infographic that explains the differences between a fixed and a growth mindset
- We Learn More From Success Than Failure
- Breathing Exercises
- One Sentence Journal
- Online Reminder Service
- 5 Powerful Reasons to Make Reflection a Daily Habit, and How to Do It
Chapter 2: Cultivate Your Network
Chapter 3: Ask Questions
Chapter 4: Be an Active Notetaker
Chapter 5: Set and Manage Goals
Chapter 8: Use Technology Better
- Quantitative aptitude tests
- Civic literacy test
- Open Educational Resources
- 26 Learning Games to Change the World
- 100 Free Places to Learn Online and Counting
- Mini Podcasting Guide
- A Dozen Favorite Technology Tools for Learning
Chapter 9: Mind Your Body
- Brain Foods: The Effect of Nutrients on Brain Function
- MIT study on sleep and memory
- Average sleep requirements
- How much physical activity do you need?
Chapter 10: Embrace Responsibility
- Democracy and Education (full text online)